Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fishing

The other day I went halibut fishing out of Seward. I was invited by my brother in law, Peter, who was invited by Sam a co-worker of his who owns a boat. The weather in Seward was awesome! We had a bit of sun, and the seas, even outside Resurrection Bay were calm. I did not get seasick, plus I got two monster halibut and one rockfish. My freezer is now full of halibut! Below are some pictures:
This was my approx 100 pounder fish. It was so big we had to shoot it before bringing it into the boat. It was the second fish like that we caught that day, the other was caught by Sam. This was the last fish caught for the day, and I was so hungry when the fish bit that by the time I got it up in the boat my legs were shaking and I thought I was going to throw up!

Here is Peter with a rockfish. We all caught one of these, they are ugly, but supposedly real tasty. They die when reelling them up because of the pressure difference.
Here was the first fish caught for the day. It was my approx 50 pounder. When reelling it in I grunted quite a bit and throughout the day we jocked about that. All in all it was a great day of fishing and I hope to be able to go next year.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

You know where I live. I have a large freezer.

The Murray's said...

LOL, I was going to say the same thing!!! I would DIE for some REAL halibut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just not the same down here....